Sunday, May 1, 2011

Man vs. Beast

As I've often said, I am neither a hunter nor a trophy kind of gal, but I am devoted to museums of natural history and one of my favorite haunts is Deyrolle in Paris. A colossal omission to our Paris itinerary was not knowing about the Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature. It will be a priority next time. I was tickled pink to read that the museum has a policy of placing thistles on priceless chairs to avoid bottom cheeks at all costs!! The museum, housed in the Hôtel de Guénégaud in the Marais, is the epitome of good taste in all that is 'huntin', shootin', fishin'. Built by François Mansart in 1651 in the Marais for the royal treasurer François de Guénégaud, it is yet another ridiculously magnificent example of 17th century French architecture.







Via here, here and here (and good old Wiki)

2 comments: